SERFA Conference 2019:
What You Need to Know
The first thing to know is that meals are no long built into your room charges. Registration for the full conference includes dinners on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night, served plated with wait staff. Communal meals for breakfast and lunch on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will be available for purchase individually.
Our host facility, the Chattanoogan, is a four-star hotel with all the amenities one expects thereof from in-room coffee and refrigerators to bar, full service restaurant, vegetarian and vegan meals, and all our workshops, exhibit hall, open mic venue, and guerrilla showcase rooms on the same level in one wing of the hotel. The Chattanoogan delivers every facility-related request that has appeared in our attendee survey. Rooms will, therefore, run $169 plus tax, and many of us will share rooms like we do at the FAI Conference.
Room reservations will open shortly, once the hotel completes changing systems.
Thanks to locating at a more flexible facility, we’ll have no sessions before 10 AM, and breakfast will be available from 6:30 to 10:00 AM.
No more hunting competitively for parking. We’ll have organized, covered parking, albeit at a cost of $8 per night with unlimited in and out. Oversized vehicles will be accommodated.
Other substantial improvements made possible by our new location:
· Exhibit hall in a room with specific hours and secured otherwise
· Thirty-person capacity guerrilla rooms with dimmable lights and walls made for decorating
· Open Mics each afternoon in a listening room environment
· Collaborations with Chattanooga’s vibrant local musical organizations in a city that wants us there.
· All registrants will be invited to a free Wednesday night event with food and cash bar at Songbirds, the combined venue and guitar museum three blocks from the hotel
· A location closer to the center of our region, served by three interstate highways and a nearby airport.