Official showcases take place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7pm to 10:30pm and and feature artists selected by committee. Each act plays for approximately 15 minutes. Up to eight performers are featured each night.
Applying for an Official Showcase
Artists may apply for an official showcase by submitting an application and emailing requested materials indicated below.
- Applications for 2019 open December 1, 2018. An online form will be available on this page.
- Applications must be received and paid for by February 28, 2019.
- Applicants must provide links to three (3) live video performances. Mp3 files will not be accepted this year.
- After submitting their application, applicants should email the following to email@example.com:
- High resolution (300 dpi or better) black and white photo in png, .tif, .jpg or .gif file format. The artist name should be included in the file name.
- 150 word bio as .docx, .txt, or .pdf file, or a link to an online bio.
- Stage plot (.pdf or .docx) indicating performer location and technical requirements
- Official showcase performers from the previous two consecutive years are not considered.
- Incomplete submissions are not considered.
- When registering for the conference, selected artists and their band members must be FAI members.
- If you are selected for an official showcase and distribute materials promoting your performance, you are responsible for collecting these materials from common areas/tables and disposing of them at the end of the conference.
All applicants will be notified by March 15. Applicants should wait until after this date to register. All applicants and their band members are eligible to register at the appropriate FAI member or non-member rate (equivalent to the Super Early Bird FAI member rate) until April 15, after which normal registration rates apply.